Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Dewey Read-A-Thon Plan


It's that time again! Time for my favorite bi-annual holiday! Heck, my favorite of all the holidays! The Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon!!!!!!! There will be so much reading, so many books, so much talking about books and so many fellow readers! I'm so looking forward to another 24 hours of hyperactive reading and Twitter conversations about reading! Fluxxdog can tell you, I get more excited about this than I do Christmas!

So, I'm going to have a general plan with no specifics because, let's face it, nothing EVER goes according to plan, especially my mornings. Every Read-A-Thon I wake up at 7 AM (it starts at 8 AM for me) and plan to do a, b and c to get ready. Every Read-A-Thon at 7 AM I end up doing a, d, f and 8 instead. So, yes, general plans, nothing specific. 

I'm still planning on spending time cheering on others on Twitter. Maybe some blogs, we'll see how it goes. If you'd like me to visit your blog, Twitter or YouTube channel during the Read-A-Thon, leave me a comment with a URL and I'll be sure to cheer you on! I'm also keeping the schedule tentative because the volunteer sign ups mentioned hosting Twitter Parties!!!! I'm one of the most socially withdrawn and awkward people, but I LOVE hosting Twitter chats and parties! I don't get it either. I'm really hoping I get picked for that. I'm also hoping that my idea for a mini-challenge gets accepted. It's always fun to read people's ideas. So, yeah, tentative schedule until I know more about what all I'm going to be doing.

I'm really hoping for a repeat of last Read-A-Thon where I ended up laughing so much at what I was reading that I was able to keep up my energy. Even the Hour 20 wall didn't hit as hard. With that in mind, I'm going to try to have a bunch of fun/funny books, comics and web comics on hand to help me through any reading slumps. I'm also going to have an audiobook on backup in case of emergency grocery shopping trip or something. You can never be too prepared!

Tentative Schedule:

7 AM - Wake up and prep.
8 AM - Post opening meme and begin reading.
10 AM - Stretches and cheering.
12 PM - Update post.
2 PM - Stretches and cheering.
4 PM - Update post.
6 PM - Stretches and cheering.
8 PM - Update post.
10 PM - Stretches and cheering.
12 AM - Update post.
3 AM - Break out the comics and web comics.
4 AM -Update post.
6 AM - Remind myself that age 31 is NOT too old for this sort of thing.
8 AM - Go to bed!

Tentative Reading Material:

The Dinosaur Four by Geoff Jones
The Sea is Ours by Jaymee Goh and Joyce Chng
The Deaths of Tao by Wes Chu
The Non-Adventures of Wonderella by Justin Pierce
The Adventures of Dr. McNinja by Christopher Hastings
Grrl Power by Dave Barrack
Mogworld (audio book) by Yahtzee Croshaw
Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Chimichanga by Eric Powell

And, no, naturally I'm not expecting to read ALL of these. I just like to make sure I keep my options open. ^_^


So, that's my tentative Dewey Read-A-Thon plan! Are you partaking? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment