Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016's List of DNFs



This is a collection of books that I just couldn't bring myself to finish this year and have no real interest in trying again in 2017.


Wisconsin Vamp by Scott Burtress

I'll be honest, I was hoping this would be a funny, zany adventure and, maybe it gets there after the first 1/4 of the book. From what I read though, it was more like a slow Seth Rogan movie and I'm not that much of a fan of his. 

The Great Mathematicians by Raymond Flood

I had to struggle through so much of this book. I normally read non-fiction books much more slowly than fiction, but this book almost had me in tears because of how difficult it was for me to read. I know math is one of my weaker subjects, but I generally still enjoy learning about it. This book wasn't the case.

Rookie Privateer by Jamie McFarland

I honestly couldn't tell you why this book didn't work for me. It has so many of the elements that I enjoy, but after I finished the first chapter, I put the book down and never picked it up again. Never had any interest in picking it up again. 



There were a few more books that I didn't finish this year and probably will never finish but I wanted to promote these because, while they didn't work for me, they were sound enough books that maybe someone else could/would enjoy them, they just need to know that they exist.

So what are some of the books you couldn't finish this year? Please let me know in the comments. Hopefully there will be even fewer DNFs in 2017!


1 comment: