Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Brain Camp by Susan Kim, Laurence Klavan, and Faith Erin Hicks | Mini-Review


Summary:

This graphic novel follows the stories of Jenna and Lucas, two young teens who are "late-bloomers" as they are sent to a summer camp that promises parents to turn their kids into high achievers. 

Review:

I picked this book up on a whim while visiting my favorite comic book shop. The cover looked interesting and the blurb on the back made it sound like it was going to be a fun, quick read. I got that and a bit more! 

This is a short book, but I still did not put it down until I was done reading. There are so many interesting points in this story that it easily keeps a reader's attention. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely more for young teen readers, but even as an adult I can appreciate the jokes and the science. 

The authors did leave this book open for a sequel and I'd love to see them follow up on it. I happily give Brain Camp 4 hoots!

Hoot!Hoot!
Hoot!Hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment