Friday, January 16, 2015

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer


I allowed myself to mentally prep for one of two outcomes with the book: either it would be a great continuation of the series, or it would flop. The former DEFINITELY came true and I am so very happy for that! I'm actually still shaky from the intensity I felt from this book.

Scarlet doesn't quite pick up where Cinder left off; We have to get introduced to the title character of this book, Scarlet. Scarlet is, not surprising, a take on Little Red Riding Hood. Right down to her red hair and hoodie. But we still have a world with androids, cyborgs, and now, fighters and monsters from the moon!

Meyer does a very good job of balancing the three perspectives we get. Between Cinder, Scarlet and Kai, at no point did it feel like any one of them got too much or too little time. There was more of a focus on the love story in Scarlet's perspective but, to be fair, she spends a lot more time with Wolf than Cinder did with Kai in the first book.

I have to say, I am very happy with this book. This is a great continuation of The Lunar Chronicles and I've already requested the next book. This is definitely a worthwhile series.

                 Hoot!Hoot!
                 Hoot!Hoot!
                    Hoo


No comments:

Post a Comment