Monday, November 10, 2014

Judge Dredd Year One: Omnibus


This is the first book I requested for my own reading from Netgalley. Previously the only books I received from Netgalley were for a guest blog. But when I saw a Judge Dredd book, still accepting readers, I had to put in a request. It was approved on the same day! So, here is the review.

I'm not entirely sure how to review this book. It is a collection of three smaller books by three different authors. So, for simplicity's sake, I'm going to review this as a fan of the Judge Dredd world.* And I have to say, from the eyes of a fan, these stories are good.

I will give the writers full credit for their consistency with the world they were writing in. I also enjoyed getting to see other aspects of the character of Rico Dredd, the main character's twin brother. It was never a secret that Rico was a corrupt Judge, but I had not read (yet) about what Rico actually did to get himself caught and shipped out to the worst of punishments. 

These stories are definitely a creative take on the world of Judge Dredd, focusing on his first year out of the academy. They are well written and entertaining. I give them 3.5 Hoots!

Hoot!Hoot!
Hoot!Hoo





*Yes, this includes the Sylvester Stalone movie. I was young and didn't know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment