Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Fictional Places to Live

So, I haven't been tagged in this, but I figured, why not give it a try? Basically, these are the Top Ten fictional places I wish were real and I could live in.*

1. Xanth



Don't be fooled by the fact that it looks a lot like Florida. Xanth is a land magic, puns and magical puns. There are dangers, of course. Dragons, Love Springs, Hate Springs, Nickelpedes, etc. But if you keep to the secured paths, you'll be safe. Heck, you'll have problems going hungry in a place where you can get steak and pasta from the trees! I'd love to live in Xanth as long as I got to have my own magical talent. I may have to visit Good Magician Humphrey to figure out how to get one...



2. Pern



I "discovered" Pern before any other fantasy world. I have dreamed of being a Dragon Rider, or at least having my own pet Fire Lizard since. Yes, there are politics to deal with, and dangerous thread organisms falling from the sky now and then, but c'mon, DRAGONS!!!!!!


3. Avalon (as depicted by Gargoyles)

 

This one may seem strange to some, but my favorite interpretation of Avalon was from the cartoon show, Gargoyles. It is run by Lord Oberon and his wife Titania. Admittedly Lord Oberon would probably not welcome more humans to his island, but I would appreciate aging at a MUCH slower pace. But the main reason I would love to be in Avalon, is for when I have to leave. Because Avalon does not let you go where you want, it takes you where you need to be.


4. Fairy World (as depicted by Fairly Odd Parents)



Again, this one may seem strange, but I would love to be surrounded by such positive magic. Most importantly, I would be happy to be a Fairy Godparent who helps kids out every day. Though it would be difficult, on some occasions, to not be able to work with the parents on the child's needs. At least I could help the kids.


5. Skyrim



Okay, I'll admit. I just want to be in Skyrim because magic and fighting come so easily to people. If I could train as quickly as I can in video game time, I would become the strongest citizen in all of Skyrim, maybe even Tamriel!


Well, I know this isn't a full list, but it's really all I can think of right now. As strange is it may seem, these are my top 5 fantasy places. Maybe I should stretch a little further into the fantasy realm to get more ideas.



*Apparently I'm one of the few that's good without Hogwarts...

No comments:

Post a Comment